NORWALK, Conn. -- The Lillian August Warehouse is hosting a special wine tasting to benefit the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk.
The "Wine, Design, Maritime" event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at Lillian August Warehouse in South Norwalk. New Canaan Wine Merchants will present bottles from around the world to sample, as attendees can sip, savor and shop, according to a press release.
Local restaurants providing samplings include Mama's Boy Southern Table, Donovan's, Chocopoligie, Guvnor's Brewery, Stew Leonard's and The SoNo Brewhouse. Maritime Aquarium educators will staff a touch tank featuring live animals from Long Island Sound.
“'Wine, Design, Maritime’ is a great way to support the Aquarium, to support local businesses that support the Aquarium, and to take advantage of a valuable discount in adding stylish new decor to your home,” said Sam Ross, the aquarium’s director of development.
The Lillian August Warehouse is at Water and Elizabeth streets. Tickets are $25 and $20 for aquarium members. Attendees can get tickets at the door or in advance at the Maritime Aquarium website or by calling 203-852-0700, Ext. 2206.
- 1 Norwalk Man Arrested Twice On Drugs, Threatening Officer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight