NORWALK, Conn. -- The Lillian August Warehouse is hosting a special wine tasting to benefit the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk.
The "Wine, Design, Maritime" event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at Lillian August Warehouse in South Norwalk. New Canaan Wine Merchants will present bottles from around the world to sample, as attendees can sip, savor and shop, according to a press release.
Local restaurants providing samplings include Mama's Boy Southern Table, Donovan's, Chocopoligie, Guvnor's Brewery, Stew Leonard's and The SoNo Brewhouse. Maritime Aquarium educators will staff a touch tank featuring live animals from Long Island Sound.
“'Wine, Design, Maritime’ is a great way to support the Aquarium, to support local businesses that support the Aquarium, and to take advantage of a valuable discount in adding stylish new decor to your home,” said Sam Ross, the aquarium’s director of development.
The Lillian August Warehouse is at Water and Elizabeth streets. Tickets are $25 and $20 for aquarium members. Attendees can get tickets at the door or in advance at the Maritime Aquarium website or by calling 203-852-0700, Ext. 2206.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7