NORWALK, Conn. Here is a look around Norwalk this week including government meetings and community happenings. See our events listings for more events.
- Norwalk Library: 10 a.m. At the main Norwalk Library, speaker and wellness coach Seema Dasani will be giving a talk called Eat Right, Think Right, Live Right.
- Norwalk Neighborhood Associations: 6:30 p.m. The monthly meeting of the Coalition of Norwalk Neighborhood Associations will be taking place at city hall room 101.
- Connecticut PC Users Club: 6:30 p.m. Richard Frisch, member of the Connecticut PC Users club, will present a two part program on the history of motion pictures and the use of computers in todays films. The program will be held at the Silver Star Diner.
- St. Pauls on the Green, Mid-Day Concert Series: 12:15 p.m. Soprano Ellen Zimmer Lewis and pianist Darin Lewis will be performing at St. Pauls on the Green for the churchs concert series.
- Giada De Laurentiis book signing: 5 p.m. Love to cook? Love Italian food? Giada De Laurentiis is going to be at Stew Lenoards for an hour to sign 1,000 copies of her new book Weeknights with Giada, so get there early.
- American Cancer Society: 6 p.m. The American Cancer Society will be hosting a talk on preventing colon cancer at its regional center on Richards Avenue in Norwalk.
- Norwalk Community College Hosteurs Club: 11 a.m. The Norwalk Community College Hosteurs Club will present a free screening of the film, "Kings of Pastry," a documentary about the Meilleurs Ouvriers de France competition for master pastry chefs in the PepsiCo Theater.
- Norwalk Chamber of Commerce: 5 p.m. The Continental Manor will host the 123rd Annual Norwalk Chamber of Commerce Dinner. The guest speaker will be Gary Rose Chairperson of the department of government and politics at Sacred Heart University
- Journalism Panel: 6 p.m. Is the media part of the problem or part of the solution to incivility in discourse? A panel of journalists will help respond a discussion held at the Fat Cat Pie Company Wine Room.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.