NORWALK, Conn. -- Cheryl Lyons, a Wolfpit Elementary School special education teacher, will introduce her new book, "Maddie McGoggle, a Most Peculiar Girl," at the South Norwalk Branch Library on Saturday, April 26, from 1 to 2 p.m.
Lyons will discuss her childhood growing up in Jamaica as it relates to the theme of her book, which is aimed at elementary school students between the ages of 6 and 10.
In addition to creating artwork also related to the book, children will learn about the writing, editing and rewriting process and the perseverance required to fulfill dreams.
This event is free and open to the public. Registration is required and is available by visiting www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org/sono or by calling 203.899.2790 Ext. 15903.
The South Norwalk Branch Library is located at 10 Washington St.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Mad Bulls Crown 5 Winners In Beginners Wrestling Meet