NORWALK, Conn. -- St. Paul's on the Green in Norwalk is set to host a Stations of the Cross presentation this weekend.
Artist Gwyneth Leech created and painted St. Paul’s Stations of the Cross, which hang around the interior of the nave of the church. She will lead a presentation at 5 p.m. Sunday, March 9.
"For the first full year, the Norwalk Stations of the Cross were the subject of sensational newspaper articles, television news items and online debates," a pres release said. "In this talk, Gwyneth will look back at the decade since she was first invited to consider the commission, talk about its inception, completion, and subsequent tumultuous reception in the press, as well as address the broad cultural shifts that have taken place in ten years as America comes to a more critical view of its involvement in endless war."
Leech’s presentation will be followed by a brief contemporary service of the Way of the Cross and reception. Participants may engage in further conversation about her work at the reception.
St. Paul’s on the Green is located at 60 East Ave. in Norwalk. For more information, residents can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-847-2806.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say