NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's St. Paul's on the Green will host tenor Gene Stenger as he performs art songs and arias from different musical eras.
The recital will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at St. Paul's on the Green at 60 East Ave. Stenger will be accompanied by pianist Jill Brunelle. The recital is free and open to the public.
"Donations of any amount are greatly accepted and appreciated, and will be put toward Gene's participation in the Opera Studio program with AIMS (American Institute of Musical Studies) in Graz, Austria, this summer," said a press release.
"Mr. Stenger is currently completing his Master of Music Degree in Early Music, Oratorio, and Chamber Music Performance at Yale University. Gene recently made his Lincoln Center debut at Alice Tully Hall as the tenor soloist in J.S. Bach's St. John Passion with the Yale Schola Cantorum and Juilliard 415 Baroque Ensemble under the baton of Masaaki Suzuki. He also serves as the tenor section leader for the choir at St. Paul's."
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report