NORWALK, Conn. – Artist and Norwalk resident Alexander Churchill will be featured at the Agora Gallery in New York City as part of the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition.
An opening reception will take place Thursday, Aug. 28, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Agora Gallery, located on 530 W. 25 St., Chelsea, N.Y.
Gallery hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays. Churchill’s paintings will be on display until Sept. 11.
Churchill’s work has been described as surrealistic with a characteristic-skewed realism revealing an unsettling sense of anxiety, uncertainty and mistrust. He works with oil paints on canvas and centralizes his characters against an expanse of grey.
Artists selected for the exhibition were chosen by an independent juror and curator Carlo McCormick.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens