NORWALK, Conn. – Artist and Norwalk resident Alexander Churchill will be featured at the Agora Gallery in New York City as part of the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition.
An opening reception will take place Thursday, Aug. 28, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Agora Gallery, located on 530 W. 25 St., Chelsea, N.Y.
Gallery hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays. Churchill’s paintings will be on display until Sept. 11.
Churchill’s work has been described as surrealistic with a characteristic-skewed realism revealing an unsettling sense of anxiety, uncertainty and mistrust. He works with oil paints on canvas and centralizes his characters against an expanse of grey.
Artists selected for the exhibition were chosen by an independent juror and curator Carlo McCormick.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Norwalk NAACP Announces Probe Into 2014 Death Of Redding Lawyer