NORWALK, Conn. – Artist and Norwalk resident Alexander Churchill will be featured at the Agora Gallery in New York City as part of the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition.
An opening reception will take place Thursday, Aug. 28, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Agora Gallery, located on 530 W. 25 St., Chelsea, N.Y.
Gallery hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays. Churchill’s paintings will be on display until Sept. 11.
Churchill’s work has been described as surrealistic with a characteristic-skewed realism revealing an unsettling sense of anxiety, uncertainty and mistrust. He works with oil paints on canvas and centralizes his characters against an expanse of grey.
Artists selected for the exhibition were chosen by an independent juror and curator Carlo McCormick.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal