NORWALK, Conn. -- Looking to dump dangerous items from your garage, basement or closet? Household Hazardous Waste Day will be held on Saturday, Sept. 6, at Norwalk High School from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Examples of acceptable household hazardous waste include:
- Gasoline, auto care products, oil-based, alkyd and latex paints, stains, thinners, spray paints, etc.
- Insect killer, weed killer, fungicides (rose dust), chemical fertilizer, garden lime, etc.
- Cleaners, polishes, mercury thermometers, pet care products, pool chemicals
Only residential hazardous waste will be accepted. Residents looking to participate must have a valid driver's license or vehicle registration.
Norwalk High School is located at 55 County St.
For more information, log on to www.norwalkct.org.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured