NORWALK, Conn. -- Looking to dump dangerous items from your garage, basement or closet? Household Hazardous Waste Day will be held on Saturday, Sept. 6, at Norwalk High School from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Examples of acceptable household hazardous waste include:
- Gasoline, auto care products, oil-based, alkyd and latex paints, stains, thinners, spray paints, etc.
- Insect killer, weed killer, fungicides (rose dust), chemical fertilizer, garden lime, etc.
- Cleaners, polishes, mercury thermometers, pet care products, pool chemicals
Only residential hazardous waste will be accepted. Residents looking to participate must have a valid driver's license or vehicle registration.
Norwalk High School is located at 55 County St.
For more information, log on to www.norwalkct.org.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk