NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Historical Society will commemorate the battle and burning of the city during the Revolutionary War on Saturday, July 12, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mill Hill Historic Park.
Activities will include a war encampment setup with Second Continental Light Dragoons re-enactors, equipment demonstrations, talks about the horses, and a Calvary demonstration at 2:15 p.m.
Three historic buildings and the Mill Hill burying ground will be open for self-guided tours.
Local historians and Norwalk Historical Society board members Ed and Madeleine Eckert will also give a slide show presentation detailing the events of July 11, 1779.
Mill Hill Historic Park is located at 2 E. Wall St. Admission and events are free. For more information, call 203-846-0525 or visit the website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street