NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s official Christmas tree lighting ceremony is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. Friday in the courtyard of 50 Washington St., South Norwalk.
Santa Claus is expected to arrive at 6:40 p.m. In addition, the event will feature musical performances by Crystal Theatre, Norwalk Community Chorale, and members of the Norwalk High School Chamber Singers and the Suzuki School of Music.
Additionally, the Connecticut Yuletide Carolers will stroll through parts of South Norwalk in period costumes and sing holiday favorites.
The Norwalk Exchange Club will serve refreshments. Attendees also will receive holiday bracelets that will alert area restaurants to give the patron 10 percent off their dinner check Friday night. The participating restaurants include Atlas, Bella Pasta, Bradford’s, Brewhouse, O’Neill’s, Chocopologie, Gingerman, SoNo Seafood Restaurant, John Dough’s Pizza, Black Bear Saloon, Naked Greens, Estia, Burger Bistro and Shanghai Asian Bistro.
Sponsors and donors include Ripka’s Bulls Head Market, Ola!, Pepperidge Farm, ShopRite, SoNo Baking Company, Stew Leonard’s, Stop & Shop, Yum Nuts, A & J Paving, Party City, Costco, Licari Floral Designs, Walmart and Van Kyk Recycling Solutions.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Husband Arrested In Slaying Of Norwalk Native Stationed At Fort Bliss