NORWALK, Conn. -- Traditional and gourmet chocolates are mainstays of the popular Chocolate Expo returning Sunday, Jan. 31 to the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk.
Top chocolatiers will be among 40 vendors at the event where visitors can taste and buy chocolates and specialty foods.
Highlights include celebrity chef demonstrations. The chefs include, Barret Beyer, Tony Albanese, Francis Legge and Larry Rosenberg.
Among a unique array of chocolate, expect chocolate-covered bacon, chocolate tarts, candy apples, chocolate-covered pretzels and Oreos, chocolate vinaigrettes and chocolate-infused Brussels sprouts.
Other foods will include tomato sauces, empanadas, nut butters, crackers, breads, jams, syrups, pickles, and sodas, gelato, crepes and waffles.
The following chef demonstrations will be in the IMAX theater:
- Tony Albanese: pastry designer and former assistant to Buddy Valastro of TV’s “Cake Boss,” at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Barret Beyer of Fox TV’s “Hell’s Kitchen” at noon and 5 p.m.
- Francis Legge of TV’s “MasterChef” at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Larry Rosenberg, recipe-book author and owner of Bacon Bites, at 4 p.m.
- Rabbi Debbie Prinz, author of “On the Chocolate Trail: A Delicious Adventure Connecting Jews, Religions, History, Travel, Rituals and Recipes to the Magic of Cacao," at 12:30 and 4:30 p.m.; will guide guests about chocolates at 2:30 p.m.
- Felicia Ramos-Peters who appeared on “Today,” “Rachel Ray” and “The Dr. Oz Show”, fun chocolate- and holiday-focused activities for kids at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Except for “Jiggle-A-Jelly,” all of The Maritime Aquarium exhibits will be open during the Expo – and will stay open two hours longer than normal: from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m
Reduced price admission to the aquarium that day is $15 for adults and $10 for kids.
The price includes admission to the expo, aquarium and demonstrations.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.