NORWALK, Conn. – In a tongue-in-cheek way to celebrate surviving the “Mayan apocalypse,” the Maritime Aquarium is offer free admission Dec. 22 for all children ages 12 and younger, the attraction announced Monday.
Based on information from several news publications, the aquarium said the Dec. 21 apocalypse “corresponds to the end of the 13th b'ak'tun, or 144,000-day cycle, on the Maya Long Count calendar,” so if the world does not end, it is cause for a celebration.
“Children are our future, and the aquarium inspires the future generations of scientists and marine biologists who will help to truly save our planet,” said Chris Loynd, the aquarium’s marketing director, in a statement. “So when the world will doesn't end Dec. 21, join us for some fun. Come celebrate all our futures with free Aquarium admission for all children on Dec. 22nd.”
The discount is only for Dec. 22 – three days before Christmas – which Loynd added could allow one parent to bring kids to the aquarium while the second parent wraps holiday gifts in peace.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday