NORWALK, Conn. – In a tongue-in-cheek way to celebrate surviving the “Mayan apocalypse,” the Maritime Aquarium is offer free admission Dec. 22 for all children ages 12 and younger, the attraction announced Monday.
Based on information from several news publications, the aquarium said the Dec. 21 apocalypse “corresponds to the end of the 13th b'ak'tun, or 144,000-day cycle, on the Maya Long Count calendar,” so if the world does not end, it is cause for a celebration.
“Children are our future, and the aquarium inspires the future generations of scientists and marine biologists who will help to truly save our planet,” said Chris Loynd, the aquarium’s marketing director, in a statement. “So when the world will doesn't end Dec. 21, join us for some fun. Come celebrate all our futures with free Aquarium admission for all children on Dec. 22nd.”
The discount is only for Dec. 22 – three days before Christmas – which Loynd added could allow one parent to bring kids to the aquarium while the second parent wraps holiday gifts in peace.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk