FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Whether you're an animal lover, an art aficionado or simply looking for a good laugh, Fairfield County is brimming with events you'll love within the next week.
1. Heckscher Heritage and Heirlooms Farmers Market at the Stamford Musuem & Nature Center on Sunday, June 15, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Meet Heckscher Farm's heritage breeds, including fine bovines such as their Guinea Hogs and new Milking Shorthorn calves. See a demonstration of a working Randall Oxen, plant some heirloom seeds to take home, and taste some heirloom tomatoes grown right here in Connecticut. Free with regular admission. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
2. Drink N' Draw at the Westport Arts Center on Thursday, June 19, from 7 to 9 p.m.
Test out your drawing skills with a live nude model in a relaxed and informal environment, while enjoying beverages and tasty treats. All experience levels are welcome, but this event is only for those 21 and over. $15. 51 Riverside Ave.
3. The Fairfield County Hunt Club June Benefit Horse Show in Westport from Tuesday, June 17, to Saturday, June 21.
The only national horse show in Fairfield County that is free and open to the public, this five-day event offers more than 250 classes in which national and local equestrians of all ages compete. 174 Long Lots Road.
4. Exploring China Family Day at Greenwich's Bruce Museum on Sunday, June 15, from 1 to 4 p.m.
In celebration of its exhibition "Tales of Two Cities: New York & Beijing," the Bruce Museum invites patrons to take a gallery hunt through the exhibition, create a work of art inspired by the art on view and enjoy a performance from Dance China NY of Lion Dance Plus. Adult: $7, Student and seniors: $6, members and children under 5 free. 1 Museum Drive.
5. Dana Carvey at the Ridgefield Playhouse on Thursday, June 19, at 8 p.m.
Emmy Award-winning comedian, American Comedy Award recipient and "Saturday Night Live" alumnus, Dana Carvey will fill the Ridgefield Playhouse with laughter in a stand-up performance. $98 to $105. 80 E. Ridge Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know what you'll be attending this week and why.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Husband Arrested In Slaying Of Norwalk Native Stationed At Fort Bliss