FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Catch some great tunes, gaze at beautiful sculptures, get lost in a book or meet a new furry friend all this week in Fairfield County.
1. Dustbowl Revival at the Fairfield Theatre Company on Friday, June 20, at 7:45 p.m.
Listen to the music of the Dustbowl Revival, which is a celebration of styles, stitching together traditions from around the globe: Bluegrass, 1930's swing, gypsy jazz, jug band, and a touch of Spaghetti Western. $20. 70 Sanford St.
2. Street Seats In Stamford Downtown, Art In Public Places until Aug. 31.
This annual outdoor sculpture exhibit, hosted by Stamford Downtown, is designed to attract both local and regional audiences. Art in Public Places features sculptures lining the sidewalks and parks of the Downtown as well as the Stamford Town Center. Search iTunes for Otocast to download a free guided iPhone Bench Tour. Free. Downtown Stamford.
3. Storytime and Animal Program at Westport's Earthplace Nature Discovery Center on Friday, June 20, at 10 a.m.
Special story time guest and local author DiDi McKay will read from her book, "Gifts of the Animals," a collection of short stories that take readers around the globe meeting animals and friends. Free with admission. 10 Woodside Lane.
4. Children's Summer Reading Club Kick Off at Stamford's Ferguson Library on Saturday, June 21, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Ferguson Library's summer reading club is kicking off with a number of fun activities at each branch to get your kid's imagination soaring. Check out an awesome magic show, face painting, crafting and more at your local library. For more information, click here.
I'm sure we missed some great events this week. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather