RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Multiplatinum singer Ann Hampton Callaway will bring to the Ridgefield Playhouse a celebration of Barbra Streisand on Nov. 16.
Callaway is perhaps best known for her Tony-nominated performance in the hit Broadway musical Swing! and for writing the theme song for the TV show “The Nanny.”
And given that Callaway has written several songs for Streisand, doing a tribute show has been called fitting. Among the songs Callaway will perform are “Evergreen,” “People,” “Cry Me a River,” “Starting Here, Starting Now” and “Don’t Rain on My Parade.”
Callaway recently recorded and performed the award-winning show “Sibling Revelry” with her sister, Broadway star Liz Callaway. Callaway has also produced two critically acclaimed public television specials called “Singer’s Spotlight With Ann Hampton Callaway,” featuring Liza Minnelli and Christine Ebersole.
For tickets — $45 orchestra, $40 mezzanine — call the box office at 203-438-5795. For more information on the Ridgefield Playhouse, visit the website.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 4 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care