FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. – Nearly 500 Radio Shack stores around the country will be closed in the next few months, according to a report Tuesday in the Wall Street Journal.
The fate of the 14 Radio Shack locations in Fairfield County is not clear. The stores are in Greenwich, Stamford with three, Norwalk with two, New Canaan, Wilton, Westport, Fairfield with two, Ridgefield and Danbury with three.
Radio Shack has 4,500 stores nationwide.
The news came two days after a commercial in Sunday’s Super Bowl by Radio Shack was viewed as one of the big winners by people in the industry.
See the complete Wall Street Journal story here.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters