NORWALK, Conn. – KBE Building Corp. has opened an office at 200 Connecticut Ave., Suite 5J, in Norwalk.
KBE Building works in 14 states throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic but is highly selective about when and where it expands its operations, company officials said in a press release.
“We could have continued to serve our Fairfield County clients from our Farmington headquarters – as we have for decades – but this county is doing great things in economic development, so we wanted to be here every day,” said Allan Kleban, KBE’s vice president of business development in the release.
Elizabeth Stocker, director of economic development for the City of Norwalk, welcomed KBE to the area.
“So much of Fairfield County has been shaped by KBE’s cutting-edge construction projects,” Stocker said in the release. “Combined with their focus on giving back, it makes them exactly the kind of company we want in Norwalk.”
KBE has completed more than $140 million in construction in Fairfield County since 2009, including senior living, K-12 schools, retail and higher education. Current projects in Fairfield County include:
- The Harry and Jeannette Weinberg Campus skilled nursing facility for Jewish Senior Services project in Bridgeport;
- Mixed-use renovation at 376-380 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich;
- New dormitory at the University of Bridgeport;
- Renovation of the Campo Acres Shopping Center in Westport; and
- Pre-construction services for mixed-use complex in Darien for Federal Realty Investment Trust.
KBE also completed the renovation of Stamford’s J.M. Wright Technical High School last fall.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.